immortality seems like a good idea
[html]

The caves soon came into view as they continued further into the territory; the gray caverns large and intimidating, a rolling mass of rock tenderly sculpted from the earth itself. It was a familiar sight for Jezebel, for her home was tucked neatly within these rocks, further around the formation. Rubbing Gabriel's knuckles with her thumb in soft, circular motions she flicked one of her pointed, soft ashen ears towards him as he spoke. Yes, she did feel she would do well here, with Gabriel nearby and her dreams but not a far off reality. She wished to push the memories of the War behind them; locked safely away for inescapable dreams and quiet, comforting conversations.

Gabriel's question caused Jezebel to smile sweetly as well, turning to look at his prominent, handsome features for a moment before casting her red gaze to their surroundings. “Well Ms Jezebel,” she corrected, a joking lilt to her voice, though really she had never been fond of being addressed as Miss before; she was almost four after all, and she definitely felt her age. “has been traveling non-stop for quite some time. I did return back to where I was born to see if one of my brothers might still be there, but it seemed that my family had abandoned that place some time ago.” And deep down she was glad that she did not have to actually see her mother or father, for she had never found a place in her heart for them. “After that I headed north, keeping clear of wolves in case one wished to seek their vengeance,” for she had tortured quite a few that might have survived and though she doubted they had she couldn't help but be cautious.

“I also never joined any clans, though I made a few friends who made traveling easier, less lonely...” She looked back at Gabriel then, an uncertainty in her eyes yet a smile playing at the corners of her mouth. “I never found lovers or a mate. I guess I've really just been searching for the right one this whole time.” Her chest clenched tight then, not sure how he might take what she had just said, unsure if he might pull away.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread