they say it's better to bury your sadness.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able_2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
So I wrote a reply to this and then my computer died. This one isn't as good, unfortunately. :[

Twin impulses raced through his blood. One sought to embrace her as a mother, and to be glad that she had returned to him. The second demanded rage and wrath. Both of these remained buzzing, white-noise in his skull. She did something he had never imagined seeing; bow, to him, to anyone. His mother was the epitome of pride, and had always been as such. In this way, she was perhaps responsible for his own fault in the matter. He heard her speak but the words seemed remarkably distant. “Get up,” he said, the anger dying in his throat. He could not stand to see her so…pathetic.
     The Aquila’s mouth opened to speak when the auburn-coated child emerged from the tall grass. Having not seen the girl in what felt like months, he was startled by her size (or lack thereof). Without thinking, his lips pulled up, bearing his teeth in a display of dominance. It was impulsive, a trained reaction—defending his mother, as he had when he served under her. Gabriel barely realized he was doing such a thing. “Easy,” he warned the girl, seeing all too well she was carrying some sort of peculiar weapon.
     His head turned back to Kaena, took in the mass of scars that formed a language he did not completely understand, and his eyes softened just slightly. “I would assume she’s here to come home. Meet your grandmother, Zana.” Grandmother fifth over, it seemed. The Lykoi woman was responsible for nearly all of the coyotes that called Inferni home. Gabriel had no doubt she would be proud of such a thing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread