The World Will Bow Down Before Me
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ltable.png); width: 500px; height: 451px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; left: 120px; top: 9px; width: 244px; height: 433px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

IT IS INEVITABLE

The brute’s black lips twitched with that sneer as he watched her standing there in the pool with those hollow, black orbs. This scene was all too familiar. It had been the way in which he had discovered Graine, though she had been a wolf only, uninfected by the virus as he was—although, that too had changed. His mind laughed, that mirthless cacophony echoing within the hollow reaches of his soul. The Korean did not know why he thought of that now—this thing that stood there was not as worthy as Graine had been, as worthy as his daughter was. The black maw twitched as he tasted the air, a tongue flickering out briefly, a peculiar movement like that of a snake. Her scent did not seem as putrid as that of the others, and it allowed him to consider considering her. Perhaps this would be worth his time after all.

The light female responded to his voice. Her words were strange, familiar, as if he had heard them before, as if he were speaking them now. Those ears that rose above his head so infernally twitched. Then suddenly that mirthless laughter became manifest, rattling the air, clawing the silence. It was a dangerously quiet sound, made as his lips split in that terrible sneer. The black orbs flickered with something dark, something sinister, as he strode forward, those steps fluid an unreal. The black feet stopped at the edge of the pool, those claws dipping into the water as poisonous fangs dipped into the bloodstream. The Korean watched the calm creature. “Do you know why I am here?” His tenor voice was quiet, soothing, marred only slightly by the patterns of his true language. His hands hung as fists at his sides, as keeping those weapons sheathed. The eyes pierced her lighter ones that shone a bright grey in his vision, and it was as if he were mocking her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread