The Morning Dew
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

300+

As the creamy girl smiled happily at the bug, she thought she heard something. Her head lifted quickly, those little ears reaching up as far as they could to hear what she had thought had interrupted her conversation with the ladybug. But when a voice spoke, it came from directly behind her, from where the boarders were. Turning as quickly as the little legs could handle, the dual coloured eyes sought the source of the speaker. At first, there didn’t appear to be anyone there, and she thought that maybe the tree or leaf had talked to her. The girl gave a nervous smile as if to an unfamiliar adult. "Oh, I dunno," she shrugged lightheartedly. "I’s jus’ talkin’ to the nice ladybug—she’s pretty, yous knoes." And this time she had been careful not to touch the bug. She didn’t hurt it like she had hurt the butterfly. And now they were friends.

Then, suddenly, the pup’s eyes found the speaker. A quiet yip of surprise escaped her as she fell back into a sitting position. The stubby tail curled about her fuzzy rump. "Yous scawrded mes!" She exclaimed as she recognized a shape of a wolf—it was young, but not as young as her—maybe what a big sister would look like. "Who’s you," the pup asked, "and where’s you comes fwom?" The creamy girl’s head tilted slightly. "Yous not smells likes home," she said, thinking out loud. Slowly, the pup of Crimson Dreams stood up, placing her back upon her own legs but keeping her eyes upon the other wolf. The ladybug flew away, but it departed unnoticed. Those blue and green eyes watched the other intently, as if somehow this foreign wolf was somehow different and amazing than the wolves her pack. She was wondering whether this wolf would be nice or mean, and whether they could be friends too.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread