the outlaw torn
[html]
She was a stranger to him, but could he truly have expected more? Realistically speaking, of course not. He'd betrayed her, vanished and blown off like a leaf in the wind, and she had every reason to hate him. The woman that approached was not the sweet-natured girl he had cooked for and spent days wrapped up with in their bedroom. The eyes he'd so often lost himself in were no longer the soft golden hue of honey, but rather had hardened into an unbreakable shell of citrine as they'd come to rest upon him. His heart broke as he felt the ice in her glare, and he did his best to shield the one glint of softness in his own eyes. It was clear from the Acer's mannerism that this would be a strictly business-like encounter, and knowing his place, Dreyrugr lowered his stance and his gaze to match. His message was clear, she would get no fight from him, no conflict, no defiance. The situation was entirely under her control. After all, he was the failure here, not her. And as far as Drey was concerned, the circumstance of his failure of Alexey didn't matter. It only mattered that he had.

The Stormbringer forced the lump in his throat deeper into his chest at the sound of her voice. It held no hint of the warmth from the past, the tone that he would give anything just to listen to for hours. The sound from her once-welcoming lips was hard and unforgiving, and his tumultuous heart roiled with dark self-hatred for letting down the one he'd come to care for most in the world. Maybe it was a bad idea to come home after all. In an unusual circumstance, Drey's gravelly baritone was soft, though steady, as he fought for what to say. "Yes, you can, if you have the heart to. I know I've failed you, you and Dahlia de Mai, but...I desire nothing more in the world than to come home. I know I don't deserve forgiveness, regardless of my reasons, so I won't even bother to ask. Whether or not you and the pack give me a second chance, I had to try. And I had to come back to you, even if all I get to say is that I'm sorry. From the bottom of my soul Alexey...I'm so sorry." He'd never felt the need to apologize so honestly for anything before in his entire life, but there it was. No matter what fate granted him from that moment on, at least he'd had the chance to do that.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread