the outlaw torn
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free3.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Her first question had been a tasteless one, she knew. She could’ve asked him something much more important, anything pertaining to his wellbeing would’ve been better than what she’d come up with. But doing so would’ve meant giving in; consequently allowing him to think all was forgiven. She couldn’t allow that to happen. A few months prior, she’d been head over heels in love with the man. Although her feelings hadn’t changed, she now saw him in a different light. He had betrayed her in ways she’d never thought imaginable. In her overly-dramatic mind, their relationship had been nothing but a game to him. He had succeeded in seducing her and thus, hadn’t felt the need to stick around any longer.

No matter how wrong her assumptions were; they were real to her. She’d played the same scenario in her head, over and over again, for the last two months. Her theory was unbelievably fitting; Dreyrugr the womanizer had won yet another trophy. She was ashamed of what she’d allowed him to do, and it was written all over her face. Alexey had never been able to conceal her feelings well; behind that cold gaze hers, several other emotions could be seen. His apologies were meaningless. He’d always had a way with words, as she remembered correctly. She scoffed at his submissive behavior, most particularly at the first sentence he’d muttered. If she still had the heart to? The Caregiver wondered if she still had a heart, because it felt as though it had been ripped out of her chest.

“Dahlia de Mai doesn’t take kindly to deserters,” she said pointedly, making sure to mention the pack as a whole. There would be no “I” in her statements; not yet at least. Her pride prevented her from referring to their relationship. “Give me a reason why I should give you a second chance.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread