the outlaw torn
[html]
OOC: No table cuz I'm at work and having issues with my copy/paste. -.- I frigging hate it here. And I fail hardcore for taking so long with this.

He could feel the lightening of the mood with each passing moment, until the fool made the grave mistake of fondly referring to Conor as a runt. He'd meant the name in a teasing tone, but apparently it was a sore spot for the pup's foster mother, as Drey could feel the instant snap of renewed tension with her retort. Once again his beloved proved an enigma to him, and he sighed heavily as he visibly gave up on getting back into her good graces anytime soon.

The male's emerald gaze traveled furtively back to the pair's engagement bracelet, then focused again on Alexey's honey sweet eyes as she posed her question. He'd known all along that there was no hope of regaining his place back at the house, but he had yet to form a decision about where he'd make his new home. At the rate things were going for the wolf now, he shoved any hope at all of rejoining Lexey back into the farthest recesses of his mind. No point in getting one's hopes up, it only lead to disappointment. Drey emphasized his indecision with a shrug. "I hadn't thought that much about it, to be honest. My main concern was just getting back and explaining things to you before anything else." His mind flitted briefly over staying in his brother-in-law's sturdy treehouse not far from the cemetery, but that thought didn't last. It was assumedly far too close to his former home for the Acer's lasting comfort. "There's no shortage of rundown buildings in Berwick, I'm sure I can find something sturdy enough there." He hoped the answer was good enough to put Lexey's mind at ease that her former mate had no intention of forcing himself back into her life. He knew the woman well enough to realize that that particular course of action would only serve to alienate her further from him. Better to let their closeness renew itself naturally...if it would return at all.

"I supposed I should probably get looking for that new place to stay, I know I've kept you from your priorities long enough already." In truth, the reunion had taken an awkward, painful turn after his accidental offense, and his weary body was swiftly urging him to find rest and perhaps a bite to eat. His half-healed scars had begun to itch again as well, and he knew there was a pond nearby in which to rinse off the dust of the journey. Closing his eyes, the gaunt male bowed deeply to the lady he loved, and set his paws to the northeast in the direction of Berwick. He paused once as he passed the Acer, her scent calling up better memories in his tired mind, his words a gentle whisper as they left his lips. "I never meant to hurt you fugl. I hope you know me well enough to realize that. And no matter what happens between us now, I'll never stop loving you with all of my heart and soul." His footsteps were nearly silent as he walked away, not looking back to his former mate as he set off to find himself a home that wouldn't remind him too starkly of his newly acquired bachelor status.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread