[N]ever saw it coming
[html]

By whatever lucky force, the wait wasn't long nor was it strenuous. In fact, it was far faster than Strelein ever even predicted. He had heard noises behind him, and when he turned, he saw an Optime with a missing limb. That would have alarmed him far more if the newcomer hadn't held himself in a higher form. Clearly someone of rank and of power. Not to mention he didn't seem at all bothered by Strelein being where he was. The hair on the nape of his neck that had risen relaxed, and a few fingers smoothed down the rust-red bangs that threatened to fall over his face.

How to react? Should he bow or was that too formal? Strelein cocked his head a little bit to the side and noted that this one armed canine didn't hold himself like his last leader did. Maybe he wasn't as important? Or maybe this was exactly where Strelein needed to be. Somewhere different. Of course all doubt was stricken from the younger male's mind when the other introduced himself as the leader of his kingdom. King, eh? He almost smirked openly but managed to hold it back. He wasn't in yet. Sounds interesting.

"Lovely...toy?" he repeated, glancing down at his arm. At first he didn't understand what King had meant. He gave a quick grin of realization as he saw his bangle. "Oh it's just what helped me hate my pack." Lowering his hand, Strelein suddenly noticed another join them. A female. He almost cringed at her too; she seemed strong enough to smack him against a tree.

Her words stung a bit and Strelein could feel his temper begin to bubble slightly. His ears flattened and he gave her a cocky grin. "You ask me like my opinion matters." He knew that he would have to be careful, but it was hard when he just wasn't the careful type. No fun in it, really.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread