[N]ever saw it coming
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Svara rolled her eyes at him, returning the immature gesture. She was not always so playful - the partially-blinded youth must be in a particularly good mood today, mirroring his own. They both liked what they saw. Finally, someone with spirit to match their own! "You're the testy one, Constable, he's just trying to defend himself from your vicious tongue. My friend-" he continued, whirling to face Strel in a flurry of tawny fur -"you will learn to ignore her hormonal ways, the longer you stay here."

They had danced around it, but the question had not openly been asked. Without mincing his words, Jac tilted his head, voicing his curiosity. "And you've come to join us, then, Monsieur von Rosnete?" Normally a leader would follow that inquiry with an interrogation, wanting to know what skills they could offer, wanting a why to follow the when. But this was something Jacquez could not care less about. Their band was not about usefulness, but cohesiveness. The only skill he looked for was loyalty, and it was something his keen eyes were good at spotting. This clever Strelein fellow had disliked his previous pack and left; quite simply, so long as he liked this one, he would stay. Good enough. How could anyone not like it here? They owned a long sunny stretch of the beach, there were a few scattered dwellings that no one had claimed, there were dark caves to explore and wide open spaces, it was idyllic! And the company could not be bested, to be sure.

His lips drew back into a whiskery grin, flashing his white fangs in the light that filtered through the arboreal canopy as he began to laugh. His bow was returned! Somebody knew how to play along! "Mon ami, you have done excellently in my eyes. Should you swear your fealty to our royal court, I would be happy to have you at my side." He meant it, too, glancing excitedly to Svara. His word was final, but he was still willing to listen to any objections she might voice. Not that she appeared to dislike the handsome fellow...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread