[N]ever saw it coming
[html]

A slight laugh escaped the male's lips as they turned more sharply up. The question had amused him, for certain. "If I'm not, then I make a pretty bad assassin," Strelein retorted, nails clicking against the bangle out of habit. He'd always clacked his digits against the metallic accessory ever since he got it. Sometimes lectures and pack meetings got to be such a bore. It took a quick poke or a very direct throat clearing to help him realize what he was doing. His fingers were just a bit too free-willed to sit still. No wonder instruments were such a draw for him.

However the name calling would have to be dealt with eventually. If he got called 'sissy boy' or anything else he'd have to find ways to not smack Svara. It wasn't because hitting girls wasn't allowed, but it was because that female seemed like she could tear him apart, limb from limb. He subconsciously rubbed at his shoulder at the quick thought of dismemberment. Not a pleasant thought in the least.

Despite the name calling and what seemed to be a superiority complex, Svara didn't seem so bad. She just needed to ease up a little bit, in his honest opinion. Well he didn't know her well enough to judge. Yet. So far, all he saw was attitude and a kind of macho demeanor. Sure, compared to her, Strelein was definitely a sissy boy. The whole musician thing would not help the situation either. Oh great. There was more ammunition for jokes at his expense. A grin formed on his face once more at the thought of what he could get up to here.

"Well I don't really feel like searching elsewhere, so I guess you might just be stuck with me," he said as he pulled a toothy smile. Since it was absolutely possative that he was in, now that the King and his Guard Dog - ...Constable - had accepted him, Strelein pulled up his bag and looped his arm through a strap. The instrument inside made an audible clank as it collided lightly against his back. How that thing had survived the journey with only a single broken string, he'd never know. "Do I get a tour or do I have to actually earn that?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread