Learn by doing
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /raven.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border:1px solid black;">
I'm roleplaying this as if the pups and a few others who said they would participate are already here, so as to avoid spending the majority of our time posting about people arriving. If you did not PM me to announce your participation you are still more than welcome to join us, and you can feel free to roleplay as if you too were already there, or if you arrive during the thread. This thread is open to all, and a part of the AniWaya Season Game.

You can choose whether your character "herds" or damages the prey in the actual hunt, depending on what fits better for your character. You can roleplay as if these groups have been divided by Dawali prior to this post. Pups - do whatever you want!

The male looked around him, making sure they had what they needed and that the children were not up to no good. Strapped to Bela's back were a few bows and spears, as well as blowtubes and a little case of darts for them. He wanted to show the kids how to hunt in the Aniwayan style, although he was also glad that the pack had many representatives who could show them (and himself included) how to hunt on four legs. He'd never experienced a hunt where all members were in the four-legged form, but there had been plenty of times where some in the hunting party were on four and some on two. With four legs one was in a way more agile, and they had better sprinting abilities as well, with muscles in four legs to use, instead of merely two. Thus, the four-legged had managed the crowd of prey, herded them if you will, whilst the ones wielding weapons on two legs had either attempted to take them down with darts or arrows, or more hand-to-hand with spears. A proper tribe hunt, with many members in the party, was a thrill worth seeking, and more food could never hurt.

His gaze rolled over those present, and especially the smallest. He wondered whether all of them had realized that the meat they ate had been killed, murdered - so that they may live. It would be a lesson they would have to learn someday, and no wolf could live without it, unless he chose to live solely on fish. Such a life would be weak, however, and to make sure one stayed healthy there was a need for bloodshed. Clearing his throat to crave their attention, he motioned towards his weapons as he spoke, wishing to bring some enthusiasm to his members. Everyone! Here is a set of weapons that you may choose from if you would like, or you can stay on your four legs if you wish. I have spotted a pack of deer with several younger members to the west, not too far across the working fields. We shall attempt to encircle them, to have our runners chase the best suitable individuals towards those of us who will wield weapons. His hand held his longbow, which rested with one of its ends on the ground, as if to support the male. He would stand in front of those who wished to try the weapons, and he was certain that there would be more than enough to feast on tonight, if all of this went well. Tied to the top of his bow was a piece of cloth dyed bright red, a signal and a point of focus for the rest of the party. I will stand in front, easily visible by the signal on my bow. Once you see me attacking, you - too - may start your attack, different as they may be. Motioning slowly with his hand, the male fastened the bow on his back again and started moving westward. It wouldn't be far to walk, and hopefully those who needed it could think about the tactics while they headed over there.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread