My ship would leave the country.
[html]
Glider lowered his head in shame as the girl told him he was wrong about her name. Which one was Moon, then? He remembered the name flying around and he had thought it was a dark wolf, like himself, like Ember, but he had been wrong. "I sowwy, Embew!" The boy said, dejectedly kicking at snow with one forepaw. Although she had not yelled at him or been unkind in the slightest, he had wanted to impress them all. Had wanted to be the perfect little puppy so they didn't abandon him too. What if this meant Phoenix decided he would leave? Oh, he couldn't stand the thought of being left again! Especially not by nice Phoenix and his family.

But it seemed that Ember was not unhappy with him, as she wanted to play games, and she had come to see what he was doing. She had ... looked for him? Usually if he wandered off, nobody even cared, they would just wait for him to come back and scold him. Often for "worrying them sick" even when he knew that he really hadn't, because they hadn't even known. Not until he told about doing something and got in trouble for it. "Joo ... wan' pway game wiff me?" He asked, incredulously, as if he had never heard of such a crazy thing. Which was true. No one ever invited him to play unless he became the target of ridicule. "Ohs. Wha' bou' pway fowwow da weadew?" That was one he had liked, at least somewhat. Although his bigger siblings had always done things that were hard for him to follow, they usually begrudgingly gave him leader time, too, and that was his favorite.[/html]

Messages In This Thread