crow said the crow
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The archer - for that was clearly his occupation - straightened and bowed respectfully, as polite as you please. Jac listened to his brief introduction, his dark eyes still wandering about the foreign garb that the male sported. How did one make a cape of feathers? It was a strangely attractive garment, and probably waterproof, too. He was not interested in human clothing, but these natural raiments, crafted from the lesser creatures of the earth... that was worth looking into. "'Eagle eye', you say? You'd be the first arbalist I've met - I'd be interested in seeing your talents firsthand sometime. I am known as Jacquez Trouillefou, the king of this royal court. Well met!" His smug smile did not falter as he finished his introduction. Talon had minded his manners before he even knew he was facing royalty - perhaps he had good instincts. And an accurate archer could become a sniper, if they ever came across trouble with the other packs in the area. He would be a fine asset, undeniably so.

But capricious as always, the leader did not insist on a show of faith, a demonstration of skill, any other credentials. Simply wanting to join their court was enough of a reason for him. "I would be pleased to admit you, Monsieur Gallu," he lilted, his snippets of French colouring the rest of his phrases with the faint accent. "Our members are scattered, but you will meet them in time, I am sure. We are a social group, loyal to each other, living the easy life in this land of plenty. There are unclaimed homes scattered in the woods, or you can claim a den in the grotto, or sleep on the beach, whatever suits your fancy. We live our lives as we want to here. I do hope you enjoy yourself..." He let his deep voice trail off, still alight with the exuberant energy of success. News of his kingdom had spread so quickly!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread