you thought you'd never shed a tear?
[html]

It felt good to feel the warmth of her mother against her, to finally know what it was like after always imagining the day she might appear. When Rachias was younger she often worried that her mother would return to Inferni and, because she had run off to live with her father, she might never know that she had come back. Of course Rachias now understood that, if she had returned, she would have come looking for her instead of just accepting the idea that she had moved on elsewhere. It didn't matter now though, they'd found each other, in a sense.

Her name was spoken quietly and for a moment she could remember it from when she was young, be it when her and Andre were tumbling around the den or when she had trailed off a bit to far from the rest of her family. The sound of her name made Rachias close her eyes and blink back the few tears that threatened to spill. "Thank you for coming back, mom." She spoke quietly, pulling slightly away from her mother to look at her and, finally, Rachias smiled. Knowing her now, no matter how long she had been gone or why in the world she had left, was better than never knowing her at all.

"Arkham and I left to live elsewhere when dad died." She explained quietly, wanting to give her some indication that her other son was safe and alive. Andre, on the other hand, was not. Though somewhat certain that Gabriel may have already told her, she had obviously been to Inferni, Rachias wasn't even certain how to bring it up in the first place. "We use birds to send messages when we're apart.." She smiled again, though unsure if it was meant for her mother or the thought of the family she had back home. "I can let him know that you've come back and.." She paused a moment then, uncertainty and excitement bubbling in her stomach. "and to have him send my children up here, if I'll be staying longer." Her mother was the first to hear the news.

"I'd like for them to meet you but I'll have to go to Inferni to speak with Gabriel." She frowned a bit at this fact, looking somewhat ashamed. "We haven't gotten along so well in the past." And it was really all just a big and frustrating story. Rachias wasn't even sure if she was ready to forgive him for leaving Arkham behind. She'd thought her brother was dead for so long until he had finally shown up one day and, though it might not have been exactly true, she liked to think that he had come back just for her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread