everybody's after love
[html]
[/html]
OOC: I'll have it archived here. Smile And for sure! I need to get Val more involved in Inferni itself soon so Kaena is probably a good influence on her in that manner, so pretty much any interaction they have is beneficial.

Her feet shifted in the sand as her attention drifted to sea, momentarily, a place she someday wanted to go. Common knowledge, even for a child, was that a world could not be built on water without years of toil and back-and-forth bickering about how it could happen, but someday… Someday she would make that happen. That was probably years beyond her, and the project would be years beyond her lifetime, surely, but it was an idle dream of hers. Right now, just a seedling, lingering her brain and toying with her.
Wow, she breathed, not entirely sure whether it was an agreement with Kaena — seven years was quite old — or just an expression, an absent sound made to fill a gap left for her. Perhaps it was neither of those. She didn't know how old Kaena must be, if she was to draw a timeline back to Inferni's tentative beginning, but maybe she didn't necessarily want to know. Something about being that old scared her a little.
And, of course, Kaena would fill in the gaps for her given time. The silence was only brief — to a child a long time, but mere seconds had passed — before the harsh reality washed over her. Valkyrie, of course, could not fathom what it would be like for her father (a member of the clan) to come and take her away, an assumption she had drawn from the words "mate" and "daughter" (perhaps Astaroth was not the father), and so she remained eerily silent on the matter.
But her lips, pursed in thought, and the heavy cast of her eyes, gave her away.
When the offer to go home was extended, pushed into place by the woman who probably knew she had shed some light onto a world that Valkyrie was, at the moment, not entirely interested in, she looked up and her innocence shone there in her like a beacon. Yeah, with my mom, she said quietly, getting to her feet hesitantly. She followed Kaena, though it could not be said she wasn't still lost in thought.
What if Hybrid did try to take her from Ryan someday? Would Ryan follow him to save her, too?
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread