there's nothing stranger than a stranger.
[html]
(403)

Jael wasn’t completely naïve. He knew Kaena had killed for no other reason than pure malice in her life. This had even presented itself in their previous statements about his possible death at her hands, had he somehow not been aware before this conversation. He knew in the past she’d been a vicious, bloodthirsty creature that killed simply to kill, but he’d lead himself to attempt to reason without even being aware of it. It wasn’t in the boy’s nature to be a murderer despite the foolishness his sire had attempted to pass onto him, and so he tried to reason it in others and see the purpose. He saw the potential source of his grandmother’s violent streak, but as always he wished to hold reason behind action rather than simple madness or indifference.

Madness didn’t present itself now in the grayscale woman, and so he didn’t believe that to be the true cause for homicide. “Murder doesn’t mean your soul’s corrupt. Morals, maybe, but deep down I think you’re a good person. I’d be dead on the floor now if you weren’t. Obviously, you’ve killed just to kill. I know that. But who do we answer to in the end anyway? God? Ourselves?” In many ways Jael was the nihilist, believing in nothing but himself and living simply to live. Morals were a fabrication of the mind, created to justify oneself and to control, preventing others from bringing harm onto each other for no apparent reason. But they were still nothing more than fantasy just as religion and law were. They were all nothing more than simple, primitive animals killing each and every day to further their own survival.

The boy again allowed a false smile to grace his pale features as he asked, “Do you believe in God?” God was a fairy tale created by those afraid of death, wishing for an intent to their life—for they all know deep down there was no true purpose to existence and everything alive dies in the end, turning back into the dust they’d come from, forgotten and worthless as so many others before them. He wouldn’t push his own beliefs onto others, but he would discuss them, bringing them into light and voicing his opinions. If Kaena wished to kill just to kill, he’d do nothing to stop her, but he’d mention how pointless he himself thought it was, given the proper chance.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread