you always thought that i was stronger
[html]

Not what she expected, but she liked it... Ryan could appreciate that, she supposed. She often wondered about her daughter Valkyrie whom had only ever lived here in Inferni. They had spent plenty of time on Inferni’s shore when Val had been a little girl, and Ryan had to wonder if her daughter ever wanted to know what was beyond the horizon. Would she end up leaving Inferni just as Talitha had left Gabriel? Ryan wanted her daughter to do whatever made her happy, but she hoped that she would never leave her. After all, the girl was all that Ryan had left. Everyone else who had managed to get close to her heart had left her behind, one way or another.

Ryan offered a smile accompanied by a soft chuckle. "Am I that easy to read?" Her smile melted into a melancholy, reflected so well in the mist that surrounded them. What a miserable day. "I guess not, but it’s not anything that any one could fix." She turned to Halo, "Not unless you know how to resurrect the dead?" A few simple laughs escaped her maw and she turned away, half expecting to see those ghosts wandering through the mist. "Are your parents not here with you and your brothers?" She asked, turning her gaze back on the girl beside her. Perhaps they were more alike that Ryan would have guessed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread