The strangeness of a face
[html]
it’s fine. :] (388)

“Obviously we don’t all come at everyone with aggression, for I did nothing to you until you started with me,” Jael replied, muzzle wrinkled in annoyance. Regardless of any problems she’d had in the past with Inferni members she had no right to consider them all to be the same without knowing anything about him. That was not who Inferni was, nor Jael himself. “While I can’t speak for every member of my clan, I can say that we stand for survival, not outright aggression. Wolves have a natural problem with coyotes, wishing to eliminate the “lesser” predator by default. Coyotes simply fight back and stand up for themselves against annihilation.” Jael may have been more wolf than anything else, but he’d lived long enough with coyotes to understand their world far more than the wolves’. He knew not every coyote simply fought back in natural warfare, though—he wasn’t stupid enough to believe that was the only reason they fought and killed. “You are naïve for believing you understand us when you obviously know nothing,” the pale creature hissed through his fangs. By choice he dwelled in the coyote’s realm and by choice he was a coyote, despite his lupine appearance. Yet this wolf was outright calling him a murderer when that was the exact opposite of his personality.
        This wasn’t to say he’d never taken another’s life in his brief existence—every day wolves, coyotes, and any predator alive took a life to further their own, but Jael had never killed for the simple amusement. He derived no pleasure from death. The snowy woman went on to accuse him and his chosen breed of all stealing away her children. “Who took your children?” he asked, intentionally, determinedly allowing some of the annoyance to be pressed out of his voice. “Do you have a name? An appearance? I’ve never met you in my life—I obviously know nothing of your loss. But I’d like to know who really did what you’re accusing me of.” Jael was honestly curious, but nothing more than that. He’d never go around avenging some stranger who ran at him in pure anger, pointing fingers and calling him unwarranted names. He didn’t even know if the girl honestly deserved it or the real situation behind it, but the boy did not approve of pointless murder.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread