come on take me home
[html]
No problem at all. <3 I know you must have a lot to do after being gone for a while, so take your time.

The gray hybrid studied her companion for a moment, that single golden eye sizing him up briefly, though she smiled. She was glad his initial spook hadn't put them at on bad terms, then again—it would have been unwise on either coyote's part to allow a mistake so small and simple to come between them. Both of the coyotes were here for the long run, it seemed; Giggle was an unfamiliar face but he smelled completely of Inferni, as if he had been in the clan's ranks for some time. She nodded in response to his question. "For a long time, yes," she replied, her voice its usual rasp. "Same here," she said, a grin across her scarred muzzle. It was always good to meet and know one's clan-mates, and better to be close with them.

The woman watched as the other coyote took out his pen again as if to write. She watched, fascinated and eager to see him create those symbols. She couldn't read the words that he wrote; they were in a strange language. He seemed irritated for a moment, gnawing on the end of the pen, leaving tiny indents in the plastic. He spoke, and the coyote frowned herself, her ears folding back for a minute. She had no idea what the words accompanying the pictures said and her vocabulary in her first language was stunted as it was. The woman took the book in his outstretched hand, settling down to sit with crossed legs a few feet away from him.

"I'm not very good at reading," she admitted. She could manage most words, but she was slow and if there was a strange or technical term, she would have to sound it out like a small child. "Maybe I can find something similar to these," she said, cracking open the book. A smell wafted up from it, faintly musty and definitely stale, but almost sweet. She inhaled it, enjoying the strange, human scent for a minute. She looked at the cover for a minute, flipping through a few pages of foreword text with little information, then stopping, studying the wall with a narrowed eye for a long minute. "Humans did some funny things," she laughed, wondering why one would write on rocks and walls instead of paper. It wasn't like you could take the wall with you if you had to move.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread