Sweet Summer Time
[html]
sure thing! you can pm after you read this and i'll have it archived, or archive it yourself, either way works for me~ 360 words

Jaz offered Ares one of the knives he had at the Manor, which was really nice of him. He offered a sword, too, but Ares was less interested in a longer blade. It seemed to awkward, too hard to carry around everywhere at his current level of strength. Too much like something he'd have to work with for a long time to become proficient with its use. "That would be awesome, thanks." The older male pulled out his own knife, then, which Ares considered as the other continued speaking. As Jaz finished his story, the adolescent had a new respect for him. He had saved Mati's life! He was a real hero, not some dumb kid in way over his head and just pretending to be great. "Wow, it's amazing that you saved her life..." He breathed, seriously impressed.

A hike to the city did not sound all that appealing. Ares did not really have any interest in leaving Crimson Dreams, and if he did he wouldn't be able to justify doing anything besides going straight to Dahlia de Mai to find his sister. The thought made him sort of uncomfortable, and sort of guilty. Jaz had spread out on his back on the sand, and Ares had fulfilled the duty he had taken upon himself of dragging this boat to the the lake. His muscles were sore, and he felt sort of like a dip in the lake to cool off, but he was a bit tired of being social, a bit annoyed at the comment about how running was important, sometimes. Ares didn't want to do that. Everyone was telling him that he should, but he wasn't a coward! Not that he thought Jaz was, it was just this was a different situation, it wasn't the same.

"I'm going to head out now though, I think. Good luck with your boat and your human fishing stuff, I'll see you around later." He stood up from the shore of the lake and gave a goodbye wave, turning and walking along the shore, intending to create a bit of distance before taking the swim that was looking more and more appealing.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread