home is where family is
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... /hoban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

From the moment the duck had begun its assault, everything had gone downhill. Pecking was endurable, at least compared to what came next. He’d been granted no warning aside from a strict “No!” from his niece, a tone all too similar to the one Tayui often used to reprimand him with. This surprised him. His attention wasn’t focused on the duck anymore, but the angry child now charging toward him. Had he been able to react a little quicker, he probably would’ve dropped her so-called baby. But his brain took a few seconds longer to react and before he knew it, his sister’s daughter was latched onto his leg. Honoré would learn a few things from this experience; one of them being how sharp baby teeth really were. Although every limb in his body urged him to shake her off, he simply couldn’t.

His receivers flattened against his skull when Dawali-man got involved and he made no protest when the duck was taken away from him. Noir eventually let go, but the damage dealt to his ego was far greater than the puncture wounds on his leg. Hazel-colored eyes swept over his blood-stained pelt, only to settle upon his niece’s sickened grimace. She’d deliberately hurt him! That’s when he became painfully aware that her precious baby duck was far more important than her senile uncle. Suddenly he regretted his intentions to stay. He wanted to run away, to a faraway land where baby ducks did not exist. Not a word had come out of his maw up until now; not a single sound. “Honoré. I’m brother of Tayui.” he explained when the feather-wearing male addressed him with a question.

He could’ve presented himself as Noir’s uncle but he didn’t quite feel like it anymore, not after what they’d just gone through. Tears were building up in his eyes. He’d left Phoenix Valley for her and there was no going back. “No herbs needed. I leave, go find new home somewhere maybe. I’m is sorry.” he said to both, although his statement had been mostly directed at the upset little girl.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread