home is where family is
[html]
Aww everyone are sad. Slight ramble, sorry! Sad
Word Count: 539

For all his efforts, Dawali did not exactly manage to help the situation. However, it was the child that now was the center of his anger, as she defiantly nurtured her assumptions without reasoning over them, and even accused him of not caring. His brows wrinkled as he spoke to her, his voice calm but deep and booming as usual, and now with a hint of controlled anger. Noir had never met this Dawali, so far only Attila had made it necessary for him to come out, but as his own daughters had found out one day; he would react if boundaries were crossed. "I do not care? Noir, how dare you say that, when you know very well how much I care about your family? You should apologize, and be ashamed of yourself to think such things about those who love you." His gaze was stern and his arms crossed. Right now he did not worry if he upset the child, because at that moment it seemed to him that it was more than likely that her lovableness had gone to everyone's head. She had a way of getting her will, and perhaps it was time to understand that she could not always do what she wanted to.

As Honoré, as his name was, stated that he was the brother of Noir's mother, Tayui, Dawali's ears perked. Of course! He'd felt as if there was some sort of link here that he should have seen. The similarity of coats should have given it away, really. His heart was not lifted, however, because the male in front of him was obviously not happy with the situation, and seemed to think that he should go elsewhere. Had he come here for a reason, then? The child sobbed and sat like a sack of potatoes on the ground, and for a moment his yellow gaze flickered to the child and his brows moved to form a more sympathetic shape, but he quickly looked back to the pale-coated male in front of him. "Look, I feel bad." The red wolf glanced to the sobbing child again, before continuing. "Did I misunderstand, or did you seek to live here with the rest of your family? Tayui and her children?" His stance was awkward. He wasn't certain whether he was apologizing for Noir acting as she was, or for his own poor handling of the situation.

A weak moment came upon the man and he realized there was nothing he hated listening to more than the crying of a child. He didn't change his stance, but his voice was perhaps softer than before as he shot the girl a comment, hoping it would soothe her somewhat. He couldn't stand it if she wouldn't come to her senses and calm down soon, the crying reminded him of his daughters and it was breaking his heart. "Hey, Noir.. You know, your family and I love you just like you love Baby Duck, and we'd never want to hurt you. That's why we wouldn't hurt your baby either." Not finding it in himself to reach out and comfort her, he simply stood where he was, and hoped it would do. Otherwise he might just have to leave.

By James!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread