home is where family is
[html]
Dawali is out! Lemme know if you're continuing or if I should archive this Smile
Word Count: 527

Dawali's tail twitched with the strain the situation was putting on him. Noir was crying and acting.. well, like he should expect her to do, because she was still very young. But the male, he seemed to act more along the lines of Noir than of himself, and it made him confused. Perhaps Honoré was put off by everything, or perhaps he was too confused to understand what Dawali was trying to say. If so, the red wolf wouldn't blame him. Nodding as the other explained his intent with coming here, Dawali tried to keep his face straight, but Noir continued to anger him with her childish accusations. Nearly, very nearly, he was driven to be as strict with her as he had been forced to be with Attila, but he did not want to do this. And he did understand her sadness, but it seemed she was too young still to be able to understand his. Her defense would have been funny had it not been for this awkward situation, and Dawali chose to ignore this tale about fishing with one's bum. Instead, his gaze was onto the male and the male only, now attempting to ignore the child. If Honoré wished to grant her some attention that was up to him, but Dawali would not give in to her whim. His explanation also caused it to dawn on him where in their semi-shared gene pool Noir might have picked up her speech impediment, but he tossed that unimportant registration away. His hand went to Honoré's shoulder as he spoke, intending now to make a swift exit. It was up to the two of them to make up; it was not part of his job.

"Listen, I apologize for this. If you came here to seek a home, I'm happy to greet you as a one of us. You have many family members in our tribe, and we put family ahead of anything. You are more than welcome."

Now, the male glanced at the child, who had positioned herself close to her uncle, pleading for attention. When his eyes returned to the face of the adult, it was milder, but still authoritative. As he spoke again, that gaze moved between the two in front of him.

"Now, I'd like the two of you to straighten this out, because I won't allow such violent quarreling among my tribe members. So you'll sit down and get it over with." Pausing, he glanced especially at the child, still not making up his mind about her. The child was very, very good at manipulating his emotions, and he would like to believe she didn't know she was doing it. "And Noir? You know I'm a medic, so if Baby Duck is ever hurt, you can come to me and we will make it better if you want." With that, he tipped his head in greeting to the male and strode off, not happy, not angry. Decisive. If they did not work it out he would have to think of something, but he believed this to be one of those situations which blew over quickly. He certainly hoped so, anyway.

By James!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread