everyone must find a place
[html]
sorry for the wait! :[ (371)

Jael had been raised simply to hate. Irony was, it was to hate himself, for he was more wolf than anything else, and his sire had attempted to cause him to hate and destroy all wolves. An ignorant, unlikely creature he would have been, marveling at a species whose blood rarely ran through his veins, and yet disregarding his own heritage as a wolf. He’d chosen the path of the coyote by joining Inferni and his family there—but he was still a wolf and knew he would always be, no matter how hard he tried to pretend otherwise. He’d never had time to observe the world around him save on his own time—reveling in the beauty around him and life itself. Over time he’d became more and more aware of how amazing existence was and how brief and easily destroyed his fragile being was. And while he’d never admit that he stared at the stars at night or the sun rising in the dawn, he knew they were there and marveled at them. The subject was changed from the star-strewn heavens, moving onto Jael’s own home within the clan. “Ryan?” he said, repeating the name to ensure it correct before continuing. “I know more of her than anything. I’ve yet to properly meet her,” Jael said, feeling this input was rather useless to the conversation.

Jael He knew the woman was related to him from Gabriel and co-lead the pack, but he hadn’t yet gone around and encountered every single member of the coyote clan yet. It really wasn’t in his nature anyway—chance would have to throw the two together. “I haven’t been around for that long,” he said, supplying an explanation for having not yet met someone he probably should have by now. “What pack are you from?” he asked, softly sniffing the scents that permeated her shadowy coat, placing them to memory. As he’d said, he was still new to the area and didn’t know much about the surrounding wolf packs yet. He’d thrown the question out in an attempt to learn more and further the conversation, for he figured this wouldn’t go well if he simply stuck to simple answers and nothing more. At least he was trying.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread