for the time bombs ticking [aw]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

With his nervousness gone, Charon relaxed quite a bit, settling to his haunches, his body angled toward Kansas. He seemed friendlier, anyway—the pale silver wolf couldn't do much with someone who refused to talk. He was curious as to why the other refused to introduce himself. Maybe he just liked to listen, that was all. Char smiled at the creamy wolf's question, nodding his head. "I passed by there a couple days ago, and I met Amata. She'd gotten a thorn in her foot, so I took it out and brought her home," he said, sympathy showing on his face. He'd liked that puppy whole bunches—she'd reminded him of his little sister, and sorely reminded him of that which he was lacking, a good woman and a few children. Like most canines, Char absolutely loved puppies, and he eagerly awaited the day he would have some of his own. "You smell sorta like that place," he said, happy that he'd been able to infer something for once in his life. Char was not a particularly bright creature and he did not often figure things out on his own.

The big, cloud-colored male beamed as he thought of his snowy hometown. "I'm from way up north, up in Alaska, if you've ever heard of it," he said, still grinning. "It's pretty cold up there all the time," the silvery canid added, thinking of the lovely white expanses of tundra. Though he missed it, he'd been seized by the jaws of wanderlust, and he wanted to see the world before he thought about settling down anywere, though he certainly missed the constant companionship of family life. Maybe a pack was like that. Still, the pale wolf had no intention of settling down anytime soon. His deep azure eyes flicked to the darker wolf as he inched ever closer, wondering if maybe he was just learning about them before offering anything of his own.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread