Lost....and maybe found
Anya let her head drop into her hands...

"Yeah, I can, but I just escaped a pck of loners that would kill me if I told you anything about them....And with the things that I've been forced to do, I can only be half sure that you won't kill me."

She sighed. "My mother....I never really knew her. She was just a presence in the back of my mind when i was a pup. There were three pups in my litter: myself, the outcast, Malaki, my brother, and Amaya, the runt. Amaya lasted only a few months. At the time, I never even surmised why she had died. But then my father began abusing my mother. Mother either ran off or died; Malaki and I were never told her fate. Malaki and I were comforted by Father, never knowing what he really was." Anya paused, shuddering in the face of her memories.

"About a week ago, Malaki went hunting without Father's permission. Father told me to come with him. We hunted him down, and I was forced to watch as the only friend I had ever had was ripped to shreds in front of me. I lost it. I challenged Father. And I won. As punishment, the others ripped up my paws and shoulder into tattoos. Tattoos of shame. If I ever go back...they would be glad to give me the same courtesy I gave my father."

Messages In This Thread