the moon is not your mother.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_bloody.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:230px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
♥ No problem. Big Grin I was not sure if you were going for provocation, so I held Kaena off a bit. XD

The hybrid woman crossed her arms over her chest tightly, half obscuring that brilliantly red star on her chest. Kaena would have been shocked to know this white wolf shared a surname with that dark, coal female Misery—the very wolf which had forever marked her skin with the symbol of the Lykoi, hand-picked by the matron of the family herself. It would have given her pause, anyway—but the girl's attitude was nearly too much for the ill-tempered coyote. It was only their present position on neutral lands which made the coyote hesitate to act in violence. "Hardly," was all she said in response, her lip curling to expose one long, sallow fang against the black of her lips and the pink of her gums.

Still, the sneer did not fade from her face even as the woman spoke to Kaena's better senses, complimenting the coyote clan. She smirked, and shook her head. No—she did not think this single ghost-pale wolf was a threat to Inferni. Not by herself, anyway. She shrugged a coal shoulder. "Threats aren't always obvious," she said. It didn't matter what she thought—she was not the Aquila of Inferni and she was bound only to protect it. There was no responsibility to judge those that walked on their territory, let alone power to grant that freedom to outsiders.

The derisive sneer on her face was replaced with amusement, and the hybrid actually laughed, a raspy, throaty sound echoing from her muzzle. "Peace?" she asked suddenly, the laugh dying as suddenly as it had come, that searing eye focused on the girl again. The woman stalked toward her, fist twitching and the snarl writhing on her face. "Why should I try to find peace with a species that has killed us for centuries, just because we are smaller competition?" The grizzled woman was quite close now, that golden eye narrowed.

"You said it yourself. Wolves hate us. So why should I make peace with you?" There was mockery in her tone; Kaena did not give a damn if every wolf in these territories carried hated coyotes. Inferni would still stand strongly against them through the flow of time. The wolves could not crush her beloved clan, not so long as Gabriel wore its crown. Not as long as Ryan and Anselm and Kaena herself roamed the ranks of the clan—they were a dangerous, ruthless bunch, and the coyote clan was far stronger for it.

thanks to james for the header image
[/html]

Messages In This Thread