We Were Brave like Soldiers
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Somewhat pressed for time, so this’ll have to be short.

How strong was he, anyway? Even Phoenix did not know. All he knew was that he had survived everything thrown to him so far, and he had gotten through even tougher experiences than this. Still, it was hard to keep things in perspective while he was in the midst of humiliation. He never tried to show weakness before strangers, but this was Skoll in front of him—one of his most trusted allies. Though right now he wondered if Skoll thought the same way of him. It seemed like all he ended up doing was failing his friend or even hurting him. When Skoll scolded him about his composure, Phoenix looked up at him incredulously, but instantly stood up a bit straighter.

The telepath felt instantly grateful for his friend’s forgiveness, despite the horrible intrusion on his privacy. He had practically raped Skoll’s mind, and yet the bronze wolf seemed more concerned about him than himself. Phoenix had thought they’d been through a lot together, hunting, training, even fighting off a pair of intruders who had come seeking Skoll’s life. Now, though, he saw that these were mere trivial incidences in Skoll’s long career as a warrior. It didn’t disturb him, but it was not anything he wanted to see again. Phoenix wished he could scrub away the foreign memories he did have. “I won’t… tell anyone ‘bout what I saw,” he promised, still speaking rather meekly. “About Art…th’wars… Galdra…” He didn’t mean to mention the last name; he just blurted it out by mistake.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread