We Were Brave like Soldiers
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Perhaps it was a mistake to prolong the awkwardness of the situation, but it would be there until Phoenix and Skoll ended this encounter and waited some time to forget it before meeting again. But now that they were past the initial embarrassment, Phoenix found his curiosity overwhelming him. This was a rare opportunity to speak with Skoll for the first time as equals, instead of a youngster to an elder, a leader to a subordinate, or, more recently, an instructor to a student. They had both been leveled by this event, and could speak to each other honestly, just as two males. Perhaps some good could come out of this unfortunate accident, after all.

The current leader of Storm merely nodded as the former member spoke, remaining respectfully silent. It was rather unfortunate, really. Phoenix didn’t know what kind of father Skoll would make, or what kind of mate he would be, but for him that was the only life he had ever wanted. He was a family man, and it gave him happiness and fulfillment beyond description. Skoll may have been a warrior, but he could not keep up that lifestyle forever. Phoenix found direction and purpose taking care of his children, and he could be a father to them for as long as they were around. The massive male knew contentment, and he wished his friends to know it as well.

“I almost didn’t say anythin’ to Iskata either,” Phoenix offered. For once the tables had turned, and it was Phoenix who had experience Skoll might be able to benefit from. “I think every male fears rejection, least th’ones I’ve met. Y’shouldn’t give up on yourself, though. Y’still got qualities females want. Loyalty, strength. With all th’females here in th’valley, there’s gotta be someone here who’d be perfect for you.” He offered Skoll a weak smile, appreciating this rare chance to see him as something other than a grizzled old fighter. “Under all that scar tissue y’got a good heart. Y’jus’ gotta let females see that.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread