back from the brink.
[html]

Big Grin -Clings to them.-

Truthfully, Gabe was about the only fellow whose company he could enjoy for extended periods of time (for the general population, it was more of a tolerance kind of thing). Their hazy ties through Nosferatu mattered less than all of the time they had spent planning, plotting, and practising together. Regardless, Anselm's loyalty to the Aquila remained strong. Dozens of questions about Inferni burned holes in his brain, but for now they would have to be ignored--at least for a little while longer.
"Ha!" exclaimed appreciatively. "And ain't that the truth? I've probably only slept ten hours over the past week," he admitted. At the mention of Maserati his ears perked up, though they quickly fell back down. For it all, Anselm was somewhat ashamed of how he'd handled his children.
"I should have come back sooner," he said, half to himself, voice low. "What a wild goose chase the past few months have been." No--whatever he'd left to find, he hadn't found it. He couldn't have, as he'd abruptly forgotten the original question. That didn't mean he hadn't come back with some answers, though. "Maz was a nice kid; her brother didn't like me too much. None of the others I found really did, either." Where this may have surprised him originally, it did not any more. What could he have possibly been expecting? It seemed foolish now to imagine anything else.
"I'm glad Ryan's still around, though..." At least he hadn't completely blown it with the only one who'd even given him a chance. "You make it look so easy," he added finally, perhaps hoping for some useful advice, although he was largely convinced it was the sort of thing he'd have to figure out on his own. He was a little jealous, though--of Gabriel, of Gale, of all the fathers that made it look so natural and stress-free and straightforward. Was something in his brain broken?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread