back from the brink.
[html]

-Bounces!- Thanks~ This has been the most fun I've had in a joining thread in awhile. XD

"That's what I'm here for," he said with a wink and a rough laugh. Indeed, the hybrid was oft mistaken for a wolf, which could only play to his advantage. Inevitably Inferni's scent would become so integrated with his own that only a fool would overlook his true intent and identity. Perhaps there was some merit to poking around sooner while he could still (easily) get away with it. After even a week, things would be more suspicious and obvious. For now, though, he could play the part of the innocent, curious recruit.
At the news of Ahren's death Anselm's gaze dropped and he sat in silence for a moment out of respect. "My condolences. I only met him once; he seemed like he still had quite a bit of fire in him, I'm kind of surprised he's gone..." Anselm had liked Ahren and almost regretted not getting to know him better, although there was little sense in worrying about that now. "I'm sure they'll all be back," he said of Corona, Tal, and Faol. It seemed like they all had a habit of going off to do their own thing, yet inevitably returning.
News of the new children was overridden by the outrageous word on Kaena: she lived! The she-yote was a legend in her own right; through her fierce leadership had news of Inferni reached him long before he ever became a member. The strange thing was, he thought legends were something associated with the past. This one was apparently still alive and well, and his tail swung behind him. "I had, too. Thanks for telling me; I'd think I was seeing ghosts!" he exclaimed, failing to realise that Gabe probably didn't find ghosts as outlandish of a concept as he did. "Incredible, though. I'll have to meet her sometime. But perhaps tomorrow. Thank you for catching me up on everything, Gabriel." A nod. Within about fifteen minutes, they'd caught up, covered family, friends, and war. They were awesomely efficient like that--this was definitely where he was meant to be.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread