the little foxes that spoil the vines
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free3.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

A gentle sigh escaped her lips, exhaled breath intermingling with the hot summer air. Her eyes of honey did not steer away from the swollen abdomen at her side, the clearly defined location in which Dahlia de Mai’s second litter was sheathed. Envy tugged at her heart, unfortunately reminding the Caregiver that she would not bear pups of her own anytime soon. Dreyrugr, she now realized, would never sustain the role of father. This, however, did not affect the happiness she felt for the third in command. She would aid and support the mother-to-be, out of care and affection for both the warrior and the pack as a whole. These pups indicated bright skies ahead. Cwmfen’s brood, alongside her protégés, would assure the pack’s survival for years to come. Through them, Dahlia de Mai would live on.

“Nothing is more important than your children,” she admitted, a smile materializing on her face. It made her proud to hear a comment of the sort, especially coming from a heroine like Cwmfen. It indicated that she did understand the importance of putting her offspring above all, even if it meant renouncing to everything she’d ever known; her lifestyle as a whole. “You won’t be so idle when they start running around,” she warned, knowing full well that Conor and Emwe gave her plenty more exercise than she actually needed in one day. The Caregiver had learned to enjoy it though, hence why she felt quite lonely at times when they weren’t around to keep her busy.

Beige-colored receivers caught the sound of Cwmfen’s voice once more, her words forming an inquiry pertaining directly to childbirth. It was a question only a mother could’ve answered accurately. For someone like Alexey, a female who’d never experienced labor, it was near impossible for her to know when one was ready to give birth. “There will be pain, I think.” she suggested quietly, hoping her assumption wasn’t too far off from reality. “Not the kind of pain caused by injury. Something else.” Unfortunately, she could not relay further information. The Koios girl knew next to nothing of the pre-birthing phenomenon, making her unable to prepare Cwmfen for what would precede the pain. “You do not trouble me at all! I really appreciate your company, Cwmfen. Are you nervous?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread