the little foxes that spoil the vines
[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... /free3.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+ So sorry, new job is killing all of my Souls time. ))):

In this case, uncertainty was expected. Rare were those who exhibited confidence when faced with the birth of their first litter. Alexey could only nod in acquiescence, as if to demonstrate that she did indeed understand the position in which the third in command found herself. At this point, the Acer could have taken the opportunity to comfort Cwmfen with words, but the idea of making unfounded promises unsettled her some. As much as she wanted to, there was no possible way she could predict the future and thus, informing the mother-to-be that everything would be okay was too big of a risk. One she could not take, given the high regards in which she held Cwmfen. There were too many possible complications involving childbirth for her to do such a thing. So she too, nourished the silence which settled over the two females.

It was Cwmfen who provided the next topic of conversation, much to her surprise. And now, it was her turn to find the other woman's gaze, amber orbs filled with a derivative of bewilderment. Obviously, concealing her thoughts and feelings, be it good or bad, had never been her forte. But she had not realized how apparent her sorrow was. If Cwmfen could detect it throughout a brief conversation, could her foster children do the same? The Caregiver frowned at that thought, faint wrinkles drawn upon her forehead. She certainly hoped not; the boys had enough stress on their shoulders. And it was her job, as their protector, to keep whatever pain she felt away from them. "It's nothing, really." she replied offhandedly, gaze focusing on the fox nestled in her lap, purposely avoiding the warrior's gaze. "Dreyrugr and I weren't meant to be. I just find it hard at times, being all alone."

Of course, to say such a thing was completely untrue. In every day life, Lexey was surrounded by a loving family. But such relationships, based off affection without romance, would never give her what she desired most. “I wish for what you have, Cwmfen." she admitted sheepishly, honey-hued eyes finding the Adonis' swollen abdomen.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread