j ; thunder on the horizon ; [Leader, please]
Enigma just lay there and watched those tiny orbs watching him, knowing that she must be trying to figure him out in some way. No one could help it, when they met another. It just came natural. Everyone was curious as to who they ran into and who they were friends with. It was just part of the everyday cycle of life. The dusty gold male didn't expect the answer she had to give him though, but in a way it made sense. Why else would the child be half starved and alone. He frowned slightly, his mind going back to his own mother who didn't even know if her children lived or died. He shook his head as he said softly. "I'm sorry kiddo.." and for once he was. He had no parents by choice now, he couldn't even stop to think what it must be like to have lost them with no way of getting them back if wanted. His eyes turned away from the little girl a moment as he wondered just how his mother was doing.

The brooding and tramping through faded memories ended quickly though when she moved slightly, wrapping her tail around her thin haunches as she tried to get comfortable. When she agreed that the rain wouldn't hurt her he smiled and chuckled slightly. "There's better places than under a shrub.." he said as he glanced about, wondering how far they were from the caves. Slowly rising to his feet he looked down at the girl as he asked, "How about we go look for a nice dry warm cave.." if she'd go with him looking for the caves then he could probably get Gabriel to come take a look at the poor soul and see what they could do.. if she wanted to stay that was.

When she asked who he was he smiled once more and gave his name. "I'm Enigma, and this is Inferni.." He paused a second before asking. "What.. happened to your parents?" Knowing he was probably brushing up against a sore subject, but needing to know just the same. He hesitated a moment before mentioning. "If you've got nowhere to go.. I bet Gabriel wouldn't mind if you wanted to stay here..." Of course they didn't have any pups her age.. but there was always Zana who was her size.. which was close enough. He didn't stop to think that that wasn't the smartest idea with how high strung the pygmy woman was.. but he'd probably realize soon enough.

Messages In This Thread