j ; thunder on the horizon ; [Leader, please]
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/temp/gabetop.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:216px; padding-left:9px; padding-right:9px; padding-bottom:9px;">

The girl made herself as small as possible, but her tail wagged behind her. To Gabriel, this was a telling sign—despite the fact she had been through something terrible, she was still able to show him this. So the Aquila smiled, and returned the sign with a singular wag. “I am. It’s nice to meet you, Diavo,” he said, and then turned his face to Enigma. The story was not uncommon; other coyotes had come to Inferni by wolves. Two of them had died less then a day after Gabriel had offered them protection.
     “It doesn’t surprise me,” Gabriel said darkly, and his upper lip twitched. “Clean her up and get her some food. I’ll see about finding her someone to stand as her guardian if you aren’t up to it.” There was a subtle challenge in his wording. Ezekiel had proven himself capable of taking care of a child, but his son had been peculiar since Siobhan’s disappearance. Ryan, likewise, was occupied with her own daughter and duties. It would be a test of sorts, one that Gabriel was very interested in seeing what his nephew would do.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread