Listen to the rain
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Ruri listened and smiled as Faler made a joke about the rain. Hopefully the storm would pass soon enough. She wanted to get home and get warm. However, as a loud clap of thunder shook the house, Ruri began to doubt that she and Faler would be getting out of this house anytime soon. The slate and ivory girl continued to shiver. Fortunately, her fur was beginning to dry now that she was out of the rain. That was a good sign. "Ph-Phoenix V-valley? N-never heard of it...b-but that d-doesn't mean m-much. I've n-never left...th-these lands s-since I got here," she stuttered, doing her best to keep smiling. She was willing to bet that by now Faler had figured out she was blind. It didn't take people very long to make that discovery. "T-to be p-perfectly honest...n-no it d-doesn't. I...w-was t-trying to find m-my friend. I th-though he was st-staying in a c-cave n-nearby. H-he w-wasn't there. I g-got lost t-trying to g-get back home. I-I'm usually a lot b-better at g-getting around than this," she confessed, her half-folded ears falling back embarrassedly. Still, despite her shivering, Ruri was doing her best to keep smiling and being her normal friendly self. Faler was a visitor, and therefore a guest, so it was Ruri's job as the only present member of the royal court to make the woman feel welcome.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread