don't know if the world will end today.
[html]
She likes the kidlets! XD

mall-caps;">In Character
    It was difficult for the ashen hybrid to dislike puppies. She had so many of her own, and experience had taught her that no matter what you instilled in a child, their existence was fleeting and fragile. Ikatha and Baneesh still weighed heavily on her mind; perhaps if she had kept a closer eye they would not be dead. She was lucky to have recovered Gabriel, Molochai—any of her children. The hybrid coyote's yellow-toothed grin did not fade, only broadened as Diavo stumbled over her name. It was a difficult one to pronounce, but the youth had gotten it right. The words were ancient. Her first name meant a scar, specifically one from burning, and thoguh she hardly liked to broadcast it, the meaning of her surname was "wolf." Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of language would make the connection between the prefix lycan- and the word lykoi.

The hybrid laughed a rumbling, gravelly laugh at the notion of her being frightened. It was not completely beyond her, but it was a strange, foreign emotion to the hybrid woman most of the time. "No, but I was worried that maybe I scared you badly," she said, quite relieved that she hadn't. It would have been a poor first impression indeed if Kaena sent the poor youth scrambling for the opposite border of Inferni. She spoke a lot, as youths are wont to do, but Kaena listened eagerly, picking up what she could from the child. Their minds were always bright and optimistic, and the matron canine enjoyed listening to children speak. They often had strangely brilliant ideas, and their optimism was infectious. "Nice to meet you," she said with another of her smiles. It took the girl a moment to remember Kaena had even asked a question, but the Lykoi was patient and did not pry at the Tirones Minor.

"Thank you," she said, enamored by the compliment. Truth be told, Gabriel had done a lot of raising himself, but Kaena had given him a foundation, and there was still that bond between the two of them. "I have many children, and some of them even have children. My family is really big," the hybrid informed the girl, pride creeping into her tone. She seemed disturbed about her lack of friendship, and Kae shook her head, a reassuring look crossing her features.

"I'm sure if you stay here for good, you'll make lots of friends. Inferni is a good place to grow up. Almost all of my children grew up here," the hybrid woman added, though some of her children had been raised elsewhere and some of them had wandered while they were still young, they all had a few months' start in Inferni, long enough for them all to remember the land of their birth and the coyotes who had lived there. The location was different, but they were not so far from the former territories that someone seeking Inferni would not find its cousin, spawned here by her very son, resurrected from the ashes of the great fire like a phoenix.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread