pulling life's trigger
[html]

The brute flashed a look toward the wolf that just appeared from out of known where. It was a look of disdain, but also one of relief. Zack wasn't alone. He was grateful that someone was their with him, someone who knew Svara and could calm her down if something did happen. Zack hoped that nothing would 'happen' but it looked as if it would, what with Svara getting more irritable every second. His arms flopped loosely, awkwardly, by his side. Zack did not know what to do with them.

"Oh, that's wonderful, Svara. Father would be so proud," He replied bluntly, smiling slightly and raising his eyebrows. "Why, I would love to join this pack of yours, sister," Zack added, a whisp of his long, overgrown hair falling into his eyes. He pushed away the pitch black strands with a flick of his head and looked back at Svara.

Zack noticed Svara getting more angier each moment. Why would she not? He had brought up Sabeen, their mother. He hated the woman, yes, but... she was their mother. The least she deserved was to be called that. Ocassionally, Zack thought. But when Svara said that Sabeen had ruined her eyesight, Zack's jaw dropped to the floor. "Sister, I'm sorry. That does sound like her," It wasn't much of a surprise, once he thought about it deeply, but it still shocked Zack.

He growled as Svara suddenly exploded, yelling and swearing to him. "Svara, remember? I was knocked out. Sabeen," He replied quieter, not daring to call her mother again. "She attacked me. I couldn't remember anything, except that she killed our other brother." Zack had not spoke of these events to anyone in a long time, and it was hard for him. "No matter what she did... no matter how much I - we - hate her, she is still our mother," The brute said, every word straining and hurting him painfully. He put his arms out, wanting to shrowd her in an embrace, hoping that she would calm down.

"Calm down, Sv. I'm here and... you're happy, right? That's all that matters," Zack replied, shocked at his gentleness. Usually he was more tough and grumpy but today, in front of his sister and the stranger that obviously knew Svara, he himself felt calm.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread