beyond your peripheral vision
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... _table.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
yer posts are lovely as always, despite your lack of self-confidence! you're off having adventures in japan right now, but i'm posting to you anyway <3 what font did you use in that eliza table, anyway? is pretty, i want. XD 341 words

A white wolf showed up in Sofia's line of sight, and she inwardly sighed. It wasn't that she particularly minded the idea of company, she just wasn't too sure how friendly this encounter would end up being. She was a trespasser, after all, without even the scent of a pack to give her reputation or standing within the lands in the least. The white stranger hadn't spoken yet, but they were rapidly drawing within range of what would unavoidably be dialog. She was nervous because she was caught in the wrong, even though she hadn't really trespassed on purpose and it wasn't like she had anything more ill-intentioned that continuing through the lands until she reached the eastern border. And when nervous, any and all silences dragged on awkwardly and terribly within her head, and it only took a few short seconds before Sofia blurted out a worried defense: "I'm sorry, I don't mean to trespass, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I ended up on the wrong side of the border."

Sofia was entirely and obviously sincere with her statement. She had no skill at duplicity; it hadn't ever been necessary to cultivate. Calypso had been a loving, devoted, and adoring father; if anything, his only fault was that he had doted on her too much, leaving her unprepared for some of the harsh realities life was throwing at her. And him, likely too crushed by her sudden departure out into the world without him by her side. It would have only hurt him more if he knew, if she had told him why she had to go, or if she hadn't left at all... She missed him more than she could have imagined but it made sense, they had been pretty ridiculously close. She was tempted to just apologize again, turn tail, and leave, but company might be good for her in her present mood. So Sofia decided instead to wait, to see in what way the other female would respond before deciding how to proceed.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread