Out for Lunch
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... rtable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Although he hadn’t been expecting anyone he turned slowly to face the women who had interrupted him as if he knew she had been there all along. It was hard to startle the husky, it was him who normally did the startling and as such he knew all the tricks. Greeting her with a warm and hearty grin, he opened his mouth to answer but was again interrupted by another’s voice. Steel eyes turned upon the new comer and if the dog was annoyed he did not show it, instead only offered a smile as well to the male. Whatever his intentions had been they couldn’t prove anything and Lysander was a flawless actor, whatever lies he told them would come out as seamlessly as anything true he had to say.

He let no time escape him, he never needed a moment to think. If ever Lysander paused or seemed to take a moment to mull something over it was all for show, the husky was always one step ahead of the game, but now he wasted no time in answering the two pack mates who now faced him. “I was hopping the fence.” He smiled to the women then, he had seen her at pack gatherings in the past but like most of the other members of Phoenix Valley he had taken no real interest in getting to know her. Perhaps today was the day. “I just wanted to get closer. I’ve never really been around birds before. Funny creatures.” His eyes were bright, his voice interested and his body calm and collected. Indeed it was actually the truth, he hadn’t ever been around birds before but whether he took such an interest in their habits Lysander hadn’t given much thought to that.

Turning to the male he squinted, as if trying to place him. Of course, he already knew. He had been present at the last meeting, only the day or so before, and he had seemed to be a friend of Asariel. After seemingly remembering the face, he grinned holding out his hand to each one of them in turn. “My name’s Lysander, if you didn’t catch it before. Been about here for a while but I’m afraid I’ve been too busy for proper introductions. Nice to meet you two.” And it was nice to meet them, at least, Lysander thought, it wasn’t unpleasant to meet them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread