Out for Lunch
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... rtable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Lysander smiled to the pair, who already seemed to know each other. They seemed to accept his story, and even if they did not he didn’t really mind. Lysander lied only because he could do it so well, and because it was more fun than truth telling. Watching people eat up his stories was a strange addiction of his, and when they didn’t fall for his lies, which happened though not as often, he could use their reactions to improve himself, to become a better actor. Had he wanted to really eat a bird, despite the permission Geneva gave him, he would have. Just as he had kept children of another pack and tormented the poor Inferni boy, he lived his life scarcely thinking of the consequences.

Yet his attention was completely given to his pack mates, the turkeys forgotten as turned fully to face Ty and Geneva. The dog found he could talk with anyone, feigning interest even if he had none but it wasn’t hard to be interested. Always watching others, analyzing them, reading them or trying to, it was a time consuming hobby but one he enjoyed. Sometimes he even took on their personas later, pretended to be them either alone or to others. In Phoenix Valley he tried to be himself, but outside of the pack lands he went by so many other names it was impossible to keep track of them.

“They are funny creatures, and sometimes I wonder why we keep them at all. I’ve always had a strong work ethic, nothing wrong with a good hunt.” Of course he saw the merit in having easy meals, but he could flip the other way and totally mean it too. DaVinci had warned him not to mess with the animals and he had never had any intention of doing so. At least he hadn’t thought of it until recently, when the idea of eating one in secret had tickled him. Now it was completely forgotten, one game traded for another. “I must admit though, I’ve been absent from the past pack hunts. I do hunt a lot on my own.”

His ever present smile was there, beaming at the two. Again he was reminded of what a recluse he was, Geneva had been in the pack as long as himself if not longer and he had no idea when Ty had arrived. “I must apologize that I’ve never met the two of ya before, I’ve been keeping busy. Building stuff, that’s what I do.” And it was true. He did love to build stuff and did so often, though so very little of it he kept for himself. “What about you two? What are your stories?” It was a friendly request to get to know them, his tail waved behind him in a rather doggish manner, and he didn’t mind. He was after all a dog.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread