Out for Lunch
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... rtable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Lysander smiled as they seemed to accept his offer, acknowledging that indeed his skill was a useful one. And it was. Especially in packs that utilized the old human buildings and ways, which Phoenix Valley did. There were buildings everywhere, always in need of repair, and in those buildings many items the pack found useful. And weapons, Lysander didn’t quite understand when fighting with tooth and claw had gone out of style but he could make excellent bows, dart guns and other such simple constructions. One day, if he ever had the means, he’d learn to forge metal but that was a ways off. And so he nodded to Ty and turned to Geneva, “I can fix most anything, if not on the first try than on the second to be sure.” With his skill, as lazy and worthless as he normally was, at least the leaders might think about keeping him around for something.

Lysander smiled then to Ty, wondering if the boy truly wanted to know about his past or not, but he had asked. A wealth of stories for such an occasion were stored in his brain, some true and some false and he wasn’t sure which to tell at times and so Lysander wasn’t sure if when he opened his mouth his words would be sincere or not. “Well, I was born a ways away. In a huge pack, nearly a hundred of us all grouped together. Of course we had much more land than any of the packs around here, but our numbers were strong, half dogs and half wolves and then of course mixes of both.” His steel eyes twinkled to see how Ty and Geneva reacted. “You’ve never seen so many dogs in your life, at least I guess so. When I came here and still, too many people stare at my coat and face like they’ve never seen one of my kind before and I guess in these parts you don’t get many dogs. Well other than the large number o’ us I guess there wasn’t much interesting. I have three brothers, a mum and pop and that’s about all really. Happy childhood and all that.” Lysander smiled, no sob story, no big adventure, he didn’t care for all that, life didn’t always have to be interesting.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread