our flesh & blood has found me in your arms.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/kae_jaws.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:221px; padding-left:25px; padding-right:25px; padding-bottom:10px;">
AWWWWWW. ;; And I powerplayed again. :o Please thwap if it's not okay. And definitely feel free to manipulate Kae a bit in subtle ways like I have done to Sammy at least twice in this thread. ♥

Kaena was not so certain of herself anymore. Since committing herself to motherhood, she had avowed to be a pillar of everlasting, ever-forgiving love. No matter what atrocity her children committed, they were hers, and she alone would love them when all the world saw them as monsters and demons. Part of her still felt this strongly, her heart beating heavily with love for her progeny, but there was some whispering part of her mind that laid bare a blatant exception to this brilliant, beaming love. If the sable child ever returned to Inferni, Kaena did not know if she could help herself from ripping her limb from limb. She knew there would be violence; that was an absolute certainty. None of her children that had crossed her had escaped bloodshed; they had been punished by her even, unwavering hand. Andrezej certainly would have suffered the same fate had Kaena been around to mete it out to him.

His words echoed her sentiment, and she wanted to clutch him to her and scream to Astaroth's ghost that this was her child and nothing could take that away. Samael would never willingly leave her side, and part of Kaena deeply wished she could return that sole devotion. But there were other children she had borne, and no matter who proclaimed to love her more, she would not deny the others. The gray woman smiled, the tips of her sallow teeth showing as she held him, even as he bit into his hand. Her free one once again found his, pulling his tawny hand from his muzzle gently. She licked away the two pinpricks of blood that had formed where the sharp tips of this teeth had touched his flesh, the faintest twinge of copper across her tongue. "Oh, Sam," she said, dreaminess creeping into her voice . "I pity anyone who would hurt me with you around," that caustic grin showing on her teeth as she squeezed him tighter with her arm.

"I don't imagine Eris would show her face here again," she said, no hint of sadness in her voice. There was only a creeping cold, a razor edge the grizzled hybrid's voice had not held before. Eris had not simply betrayed her; the raven-furred child might as well have plunged that ritual dagger into Kaena's belly herself, and twisted just for good measure. It was tantamount to murder in the scarred woman's mind, and she could not fathom leaving one of her children behind to die a slow and painful death, bleeding out in some forgotten little shithole of a meadow. "You're the only thing of value Astaroth ever did with his life," she said, though her voice was flattened when speaking of him. Vengeance was done and over with; it had been a pathetically short war between the woman and her former lover. She had almost yearned for the same longtime strife she'd had with Salvaged, years of battle and fight stretching between her and the dark coyote. For a hellion, he'd been far too easy.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread