they whisper words into my ears.
[html]

"Oh" She said simply, looking forward again. There was nothing else she could say to that; it did make sense, really. But maybe he was just a wanderer...she couldn't have known. The real question that she was asking, it seemed, was whether he would be sticking around. If he had other obligations, then she would accept that and stop acting so...bubbly. The plain truth was that she didn't mind walking by him at all--in fact, it had been a long while since she'd been able to appreciate beauty such as his. It made her feel old, strangely...even though she wasn't even two years old yet.

"I'm sorry for asking. I was just...curious. I had one, once. But he left...I'm not sure why. He might be dead; I never got the chance to find out." That had been the time that the coyotes had mangled her leg, making her completely useless. She'd wanted to go out and look for Conri, but hadn't been able to.

She gestured toward one of the side streets as they walked into the city, shrugging her pack up a little farther onto her shoulders. "This way."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread