set things right
[html]
-flail- i suck! 380 words

It was frustrating how she seemed to miss the point that it was so hard to differentiate between that which Tokyo taught him and that which was real. It wasn't like she would sit him down and give lessons. It was the way she acted, the assumptions about the world that came through in her dialogue that he picked up on without knowing better. The things that he had integrated into his world view, the bits and pieces of her mind that he had accidentally rolled up with the general truths he had experienced and the facts he'd read in books. Ares had no idea how to trace things like that back to their source, to figure out where exactly each idea came from. Savina did, however, provide a handy yardstick by which to measure things, though: fear. And he supposed that made sense.

She spoke about Tokyo, then. It was sort of justifying, sort of nice to hear that his mother had been wrong, that he hadn't deserved what he had received.. Because as much as he knew that it had been wrong, more strongly and fiercely than anything else that he knew in life, there were always... doubts. Because it was possible, ya'know? Maybe Ares really was destined to follow his father's footsteps. To be evil and stuff. To hear someone like Savina confirm that she was a bad mother was just very reassuring. "I know it's supposed to be everyone's job. I just messed up trying to do it.." A pause. "If.. if it's so wrong to do this, why did Tokyo hurt me? I mean, she said it was because I look like my dad, and she hates him, but couldn't she understand that it wasn't my fault that he did bad things?" Pleading for an answer to a question he was afraid had no answer.

Ares nodded at his verdict, secretly rather elated to hear that he wasn't going to be chased from the lands. Yeah, sure, Worm, he'd take it! Anything, so long as he was not pushed from this place that felt more like home than anywhere else in the world. He wouldn't ever touch a puppy again, assuming any of them would ever even come near him. Amata would probably never forgive him.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread