waltz for venus
[html]That's a great idea! I could finish up with my post here, and then start the other thread soon after. Big Grin

i welcome the sun, the clouds and rain

A modicum of relief pulsed through his veins, but died out quickly. Warren was still very much on edge and wary of the coyote, even though his directly threatening posture relaxed to be more defensive. Blue eyes lingered on the coyote for several moments after he had spoken, trying to detect any hint of deceit in him. Finding none, Warren nodded and turned slowly, making his way down the rocky slope. The way down was quicker than the ascent, though the hybrid had trouble controlling himself while gravity had a hold on him. Dust spiraled into the air as his feet slid against loose stones, and those same stones tumbled ahead of him in a wild dance. Finally the ground leveled out under his feet, and he headed off into the forest without looking back.

Further into the forest, his heart began to gallop. Panting, the hybrid allowed a glance over his shoulder, and even though all he saw was trees, this did not assuage his paranoia. Warren broke into a sprint, desperate to put a vast amount of distance between himself and the perimeter of skulls. He ran until he reached the azure lake, skidding to a halt at it's shores. Then he retched in the tall weeds growing at the water's edge.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread