thread title missing
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

In some ways, Matrix had been required to keep an emotional distance from the others involved in the war. Puppies especially seemed to disappear left and right... Niyol had nearly been a casualty, and probably would be dust and bones if she hadn't been there to intervene. It was unfortunate, but the entire situation demanded that she sort her priorities out and put her all into defending them and making sure to take care of herself. Inevitably, her family had become her focus--which made sense. The others came and went, and sometimes went for good. She never really told anybody about it, but she had stumbled upon many more bodies than her parents knew about. Why stress them out, eh?
She listened carefully to his tale, frowning slightly as he told it. It didn't seem like a beautiful gift, and she wondered how far of a cry it might be from a curse. Surely, the ability to have intense focus and energy in battle was beneficial... but what was the cost? Accidentally taking the lives of loved ones? No thanks. Inwardly she was relieved that Skoll managed to keep the drama to himself. She didn't want to see it. Part of her was curious, and none of her was particularly worried (for her safety or his, since he obviously could control it), but still... no thanks.
"Perhaps it's a good thing that his tale was laid to rest," she offered. Normally, news of a relative dying was bad--in this case, she wasn't so sure. The lines were blurry and the boundaries were uncertain. "At least you found a direction, though," she said. "I'm sorry that there isn't a happier reason for it, but at least you're here." Sighing a little, she spotted the truck up ahead and decided to clear the road. She gave a brief nod to the golden wolf and trotted ahead, and tossed the loose debris aside. Damn. If it was right side up, she could put it in neutral and just push it... as it was, she'd have to just rotate it on the top of its cab. The squeeze would be tight, but it wouldn't be impossible. Once it was out of the way, she made her way back over to him. Already she was transforming into her half-ling form... by the time she reached his side, she could no longer walk on two legs. "Hitch me up, I'll take over for awhile," she offered. "Gotta get my exercise in and watch my figure, eh?" she jested, with a wink and a laugh. She wanted to take both of their minds off of the unfortunate.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread