Let the hurricane set in motion, yeah
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
-giggles- I'm on it!

The werewolf waited anxiously for something, anything. His faded blue eyes, more ice than water now, searched her carefully blank expression. He felt his heart sink, knowing that Cercelee often masked her feelings when trying to be diplomatic, or to avoid hurt. Was she going to sever their ties? He had waited too long, far too long. Idiot. No one else would be so patient. And no one would take him now.

He clenched his teeth, feeling the unfamiliar prickle of sweat on his palms, glaring at his oversized footpaws. He should have known that she would lose any attraction she still held for him, once he attempted to mimic her two-legger form with his own misshapen results. But she drew nearer, as though curiosity pulled her to probe his form, to see if it was real. Her wet nose pressed against his own, and his ears flicked in surprise, hope creeping into his gaze. His mate's cool voice spoke...

...And then he felt her small paws pressed against the warmth of his thighs, her silky white fur tickling his abdomen as she fearlessly lay herself across his lap. Her delicate muzzle pressed against his chest, and without thinking, his hands moved to hold her, claws cradling her close in a gentle embrace. "You're too good for me, love," he rumbled, echoes of his flirtatious ways audible as a slow smile softened his expression. He had forgotten how good she felt, how much he liked her warmth, her scent. In his daze, he had pushed aside the memory of that night... In the church, after their dip in the sea, still cold and trembling from their wet pelts...

It was conflict that pushed them closer, he realized. Jealousy, usually, or some other catalyst to make it dawn on him how amazing this woman was. "I've still got one thing to apologize for, on a list of many... Sorry I don't ever appreciate you enough. You're the only one who can get me out of bed," he added cheekily, content spreading through his unsteady soul, Cercelee's affection filling all the holes that had eaten away at him. He wondered why he'd ever shut her out, when she held the power to fix him all along. She always had, he supposed. From the beginning.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread