good morning, mr miller!
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... matatf.jpg); background-position: top center; padding-top: 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

"I’s will helps yous," Amata assured the older girl, smiling brightly at her. It always made the creamy pup feel happy when she could be useful and helpful, especially helpful. But then, the little puppy paused, those blue and green eyes widening. "But... B’ook-lin?" There was a little pause. "I’s never caughted anything afore," she revealed. The Sadira pup didn’t want B’ook-lin to be disappointed if she wasn’t very helpful, because that had the opposite effect of being useful: uselessness made Amata feel sad. Her tail wagged once behind her as if to confirm what she had said, and she looked up expectantly at the other. "But I’s can tries to be helpful," came the compromise. At least she could try, she supposed. Trying was better than nothing.

As Amata, her fur coloured darkly by the wet mud, caught up to B’ook-lin, she giggled, encouraged into her mirth by the friendly wag of the older girl’s tail. And the pup wasn’t sad that she had fallen and gotten dirty because falling and getting dirty was fun. "Okays," she responded cheerfully as she began to prance and sing along the older girl. When B’ook-lin asked what Air-es looked like, Amata’s singing paused as she tried to remember. "Him was...him was grey and black, with pretty yellow eyes like a flowers!" He had had nice pretty eyes like sun flowers and buttercups. "I don’ know whys," she continued. "Air-es saided I should bes careful with other people’s things—but I was playin with hims!" That was the strangest part, and that had been the most hurtful thing to Amata. The push and bite had hurt too, but his meanness when she was trying to play with him had hurt her feelings.

Amata grew quiet as B’ook-lin grew quiet, intent upon not scaring away the rabbits that might be there. She scanned the land along with the white girl, but the creamy pup was much shorter, and it was more difficult to see. Never-the-less, Amata looked. It was like a game, and she liked games very much.

The little girl focused intently upon the large world around her. "I founded ones!" she whispered loudly, but then she paused, giggling. "Never minds; iss jusst a leafs!" The rainwater had hit a fallen leaf, causing it to move and resulting in the excited pup’s harmless mistake. With a apologetic smile and a brief shrug, the girl turned back to watching the landscape. She saw something moving again—but then it stopped. Iss that a bunny? But the girl was quiet this time. Her previous error had made her little more thoughtful before she spoke, and so the next few minutes were spent intently watching the had-been-moving-but-now-still thing. The young eyes saw a black dot-- Waits! Thas not a black dots! Iss an eye ball! "I founded ones! For reals this times!" Her short, puppy muzzle pointed insistently and repeatedly at the bunny that she had found with the black dot for an eye ball. Immediately, Amata ran to the bush where B’ook-lin had told her to hide, and, having reached it, the small puppy crouched under there. The wide eyes, filled with excitement, glittered excitedly. With her ears laid back, she almost looked like a bunny herself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread