Servatis a Malefico
[html]
Sorry I dragged this thread out so long, m'dear. ;_; You can close it if you like. Thanks for putting up with me yet again~

"Perhaps... you are right, Cwmfen. Since taking this shape, I haven't been tired... I haven't fallen asleep against my will," he admitted, wonderment creeping into his rumbling voice. His sleeping sickness, the narcolepsy he'd been born with, it had not plagued him and deprived him of his energy and will. He had not been this way for long, but immediately noticed the extra energy buoying his mood, the constant urge to yawn suspiciously absent. Embracing his heritage would have made life a lot easier if he had not been so stubborn to deny it.

"It's... difficult for me to accept changes. But I suppose I'm a fool to pretend they don't exist," he added with a rueful smile, a gentle joke at his own expense. He always felt like a fool before Cwmfen - her wisdom humbled him, made his silly humor sound hollow and juvenile. They shared most beliefs and even some similarities in their familial upbringing, but the Warrior adapted so fluidly and effortlessly to different lifestyles that she really put him to shame. He was so much slower to embrace pack life, duties, and even children, it seemed. He had no doubts that Cwmfen would be as good a mother as she was a Warrior - she was just good at everything, it seemed. Small wonder he had harbored hidden feelings for her when they first met. It would be impossible not to look up to her, at the very least.

His mate... she was not unhappy, but concerned for him. "She is too kind to me," he murmured with a slow smile. He'd make things better, he had to. Cercelee had to be the most patient wolf in the world, keeping his lazy hide around for so long and getting nothing out of the relationship. There was just something wrong with him - even when times were peaceful and life was easy, he rarely appreciated it. Such a pity. He would try to turn over a new leaf, with this new form of his - a new wolf, so to speak. "I won't disappoint her again. I would have nothing if she let me go... She shouldn't be worried the next time you meet with her," he assured with a smile, speaking more to himself than his packmate and friend. "Thank you for taking the time to speak with me - your company is always a pleasure. And... I wish you good luck with your new family," he added hesitantly, a sheepish expression on his ducked face. He wanted her to be happy. That was what mattered most.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread